Exam Board: Edexcel
Course leader: Mrs Bayliss
Course name: EDEXCEL BTEC Health & Social Care Level 2
- You will enjoy this course if you would like to develop:
- A broad understanding of the Health & Social care sector
- Skills as well as technical knowledge
- An awareness of particular groups and their needs by focusing on health, Early Years (care and education), care of older people, or individuals with specific needs.
You will study aspects of Human Development, Social policy and Health and Safety Law.
The course contains considerably vocational content and we encourage all students to conduct work experience to bring the subject to life
Edexcel BTEC Level 2
The Level 2 BTEC in Health and Social Care is a full-time programme validated by Edexcel. You will study 3 mandatory units and 1 optional unit to complete the course. One of these is an externally examined unit and will assess your knowledge and understanding of human lifespan development. The remaining units are coursework assignments which relate to a range of health and social care issues and practices.
Mandatory Units (up to 6 from the following)
- Human Lifespan Development (Exam)
- Health and Social Care Values (Coursework)
- Communication in Health and Social Care (Coursework)
- Social Issues (Coursework)
Careers and Higher Education Opportunities
Recent students have gone onto Level 3 courses in Health and Social Care, Childcare and Sociology.
Where can you get more information?
Extra-curricular enrichment opportunities
Regular support sessions will be available at lunchtimes, after school and break times throughout the course to help students with homework, projects and exam preparation.