We have put together the following questions and answers to support you with your on-going post 16 applications and plans
Applications to Moseley School and Sixth Form
Q. I have already applied to Moseley School and Sixth Form and been made a conditional offer, what will happen now?
A. You need to wait for information about sixth form enrolment. The school will be in touch with you to explain when enrolment will take place.
Q. I have already applied to Moseley School and Sixth Form but I have not had an interview yet, what should I do?
A. You need to wait for someone from the school’s sixth form team to phone you to discuss your application.
Q. I wish to return to Moseley School and Sixth Form but I haven’t applied yet, what should I do?
A. You need to complete an online application form and then email it to email@example.com
You will find an application form on the school website: Apply Now
A member of the school’s sixth form team will then contact you to discuss your application.
Q. I have been offered a place at college, what will happen now?
A. Your college will be in touch with you to explain when enrolment will take place.
For example, Cadbury College has informed the school that any student who has already applied and has an offer, that offer stands and they will be invited to enrolment.
Solihull College has also advised that their admissions team will be processing applications as normal during the closure period and they will contact students shortly with details of next steps.
Also, please can you email Mr Silgram at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the offers you have received (this ensures that we have up-to-date information about your plans for next year). Please send Mr Silgram the following information:
- Name of college(s) you have an offer from.
- The course you will be studying (and level if you know that). For example, A levels, BTEC extended diploma in engineering and BTEC level 2 in health & social care.
Q. I have already applied for a college course but I have not had an interview yet, what should I do?
A. The college will contact you about your application.
For example, Solihull 6th Form College has advised the following: We are currently investigating alternative methods of conducting interviews (possibly by phone) to ensure we can make offers for those students who have applied. We will be working hard to ensure that no prospective student is disadvantaged.
Cadbury College has said that there will be no face-to-face interviews and conditional offers will be made subject to a satisfactory reference and that students will be interviewed at enrolment.
You will additionally find updates on the college website and you can also contact the college’s admissions team to check the status of your application. The contact details are:
- Aston University Engineering Academy: email@example.com
- Birmingham Metropolitan College: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Birmingham Ormiston Academy: email@example.com
- Cadbury College: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joseph Chamberlain College: email@example.com
- Solihull Sixth Form College: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solihull College: email@example.com
- South & City College (including Bournville College): firstname.lastname@example.org
- University College Birmingham: email@example.com
Q. Can I still apply for college courses?
A. Yes. You need to complete an online application form (available on the college website, see website details below). The college will then contact you to explain the next steps.
For example, Solihull College has also advised the following: Our admissions team will be processing applications as normal during the closure period. Please apply online by using the ‘Course Search’ function on the website homepage, selecting your chosen course and clicking ‘Apply Now’.
- Aston University Engineering Academy: https://auea.co.uk/
- Birmingham Metropolitan College (includes Matthew Boulton): www.bmet.ac.uk
- Birmingham Ormiston Academy: http://www.boa-academy.co.uk/
- Cadbury College: www.cadcol.ac.uk
- Joseph Chamberlain College: www.jcc.ac.uk
- Solihull Sixth Form College: www.solihullsfc.ac.uk
- Solihull College: www.solihull.ac.uk
- South & City College (includes Bournville College): https://www.sccb.ac.uk/
- University College Birmingham: http://www.ucb.ac.uk
Q. What will happen with apprenticeship applications?
A. If you have already applied you can contact the employer to check the status of your application.
You can also continue to apply for opportunities.
Advice about apprenticeships and how to apply is available on the school website – go to Students > Careers Advice and Guidance > Apprenticeships and Traineeships. Direct link to the careers webpages: Careers Advice and Guidance
Careers Information, Advice and Guidance
Q. Can I still get help from Mr Silgram?
A. Yes. You can email Mr Silgram with any questions or queries you have. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
There is also lots of useful information available on the school website – Careers Advice and guidance
You may find the following sections particularly useful:
- Need careers advice?
- Options after Year 11
- Apprenticeships and traineeships
- Further education
- Jobs and voluntary work
- Career ideas
- Useful websites and information