Dear Parents and Carers,
We use EduLink as our main method of communication to share updates about your child’s progress and attitude, we also use EduLink to share important messages and to collect information and consent when required.
Please spend some time familiarising with how EduLink works and carefully read the information that is located here ready for your child’s start date with us in September. We require your consent for a number of areas which you can read about below and provide consent via Edulink.
Your login details for Edulink will be provided in your welcome letter sent via post on the 2nd March 2022.
A short film on how to download and use Edulink can be viewed here: Edulink
Formal online registration through Edulink:
Please set aside around 45 minutes to complete our formal online registration using EduLink (guidance is in the EduLink parent guide posted out to you). Some sections require input from your child so they should be around when completing the form. When completing the online registration you will be asked to give consent for essential aspects of school operation. These include:
- Photographs – permission for your child’s photo to be taken and used for internal and external promotion.
- Biometrics – fingerprints for cashless payment for food and drinks from the school canteen.
- Swimming – a valuable part of the PE curriculum, your child will be participating in swimming lessons.
- Extra-curricular sporting clubs – clubs which take place outside the normal school day.
- Bikeability – Cycling Proficiency Test for the 21st Century and is designed to give the current generation of students the skills and confidence to ride their bikes.
Further information is available under the ‘noticeboard’ section of your EduLink account.
Free School Meals
If you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits below, then your child is eligible for Free School Meals.
Type of Benefit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
What to do next?
Parents will need to make an online applications can be made at www.link2ict.org/FSM
If you require any support please get in touch with the School.