Dear Parents/Carers – Please share this information with your Son / Daughter.
Dear year 11,
As Head of Sixth form at Moseley School every year I send transition materials to year 11, even though you may not be attending Moseley Sixth Form next year it is essential you prepare for your next steps. The resources below can help you prepare for A Levels, BTEC’S, GCSE resits, college or the world of work.
If you think you may need to resit Maths or English next year then there are resources available below to help prepare you.
Whatever your next steps after year 11 it is essential you make a good impression, engaging in the resources below will help prepare you and increase your chances of success and best yet they are all free for you to use
There are a wide range of resources available, including:
- Subject specific transition materials on the school website – Sixth Form – Transition material
- Senecalearning.com – An excellent website which provides chunked notes for topics within an A Level as well as follow up questions. Seneca is also a great website to make notes from.
- Amazon head start to A levels – Amazon are offering a range of free Kindle books designed to get students ready for A Levels, including Biology and Maths.
- Gcse pod – Pods designed to help get you ready for YR 12.
- etonx.com – Free online courses from Eton College aimed at developing creative problem solving. Access code = ONAM8S4O
Alternatively if you wish to apply for another Sixth Form or college you can do so but visiting their websites and following the instructions, if you need support with an external application you can contact Mr Silgram who would be happy to help, email@example.com .
Mr J Boyle
Assistant Headteacher, Head of Sixth Form